Sunday, November 18, 2012

Skipping Christmas - John Grisham




http://mostlyfiction.com/images/cover_L-R/skippingxmas.jpg   Around Christmas time I like to read this book called "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham, I don't know what keeps making me go back to it but the truth is that I've unintentionally created a tradition and only today did I realize such a thing. Every year for the past 10 years I re-read it, it's and amazingly ironic and very funny view at the way our Christmas traditions have turned into such a insane and crazy frenzy through-out the years.

***

  Na época do Natal gosto de ler o livro "Skipping Christmas", de John Grisham, não sei o que me leva a voltar a lê-lo, mas a verdade é que eu involuntariamente acabei por criar uma tradição e só hoje é que percebi isso, e já lá vão cerca de 10 anos. É uma perpectiva incrivelmente irônica e muito engraçada da forma como as nossas tradições de Natal se têm transformado numa louca procura de necessidades desnecessárias.

No comments:

Post a Comment